Use all the preferences and become a member of this forum by registration. It is free of charge.

water pump connection

What modifications have you done to your esterel?.

Moderators: mr-mac, Dormy

water pump connection

Postby foldradee » 8. May 2018, 18:19

Fitted the Truma Ultraflow kit. Easy job, beats kneeling down to locate the pump from under the van.
foldradee

Re: water pump connection

Postby foldradee » 24. May 2018, 18:04

foldradee

Postby esme » 24. May 2018, 22:15

We fitted the same connector but used an existing pump we have been using since 1997. I fitted ours in place of the fridge vent which interestingly was only on the outer skin and no hole through the foam filling nor ply inner sheet so Esme could not have ever been fitted with a fridge anyway it was a convenient place to fit the connector. biggest problem was the internal plastic pipe which first kinked each time the cooker was set up, then the silicone tube I tried split so now hoping the blue figure 8 tube will be better as it did not seem to kink when fitted. I split the twin tube and used one piece inside and the other was just the right length to go from the pistol bit to the pump outlet and reaxch the bottom of the water container.
John.
esme
Super2
Super2

Postby Dormy » 1. Jun 2019, 08:05

I agree, the fig8 hose is very flexible and suits the sink/hob lifting system. I installed our Ester in exactly the same way, also you get two hoses for the price of one ! ;)

Ian
An Esterel is for holidays, not just for sleepovers !
Dormy
Super1
Super1

Postby esme » 1. Jun 2019, 10:19

We fitted a similar system to Esme, really just the pistol bit and wall socket. I went through where the fridge vent is since Esme never had a fridge and the hole had never been made through the side even though the little vent thing had been fitted. I also fitted with a little difficulty a tap with switch so we can regulate the water flow into the sink. The foot switch was too difficult for us to work so was taken off and a switched spout fitted. and as you say a lot easier than groping underneath especially on wet grass or stoned hard standing.
John.
esme
Super2
Super2