Use all the preferences and become a member of this forum by registration. It is free of charge.

Winter breathable caravan cover

Bodywork and trim.

Moderators: mr-mac, Dormy

Winter breathable caravan cover

Postby Top Volume » 8. Sep 2013, 17:56

Were these ever supplied by Esterel/purpose made by any suppliers and still available to buy new or second hand?

Can anyone provide details or advice where we can get hold of one for Ester our 1999 Top volume model to keep her weatherproof and protected in the autumn/winter months ahead?
Steve & Sue & Alfie the cockerpoo
Top Volume

Re: Winter breathable caravan cover

Postby Dormy » 11. Oct 2013, 22:05

Covers are available. If you research some of the other folding caravan/trailer tent covers you might find one the right size for your van. Unfortunately, though the covers are only half the height of a standard height caravan, they seem to come in at twice the price :shock:

I picked one up off of e-bay but had to search for a while, missed a couple (outbid) and worse, this is not the time of year to be looking :!:

You could consider a standard caravan cover and just park your van with the roof up :?:

HTH
Dormy
Last edited by Dormy on 14. Oct 2013, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
An Esterel is for holidays, not just for sleepovers !
Dormy
Super1
Super1

Postby Top Volume » 14. Oct 2013, 00:04

You could consider a standard caravan cover and just park your van with the roof up

Thanks thats a good point worthy of consideration especially if cheaper than half size covers.

We kept the cover for the gobur 12/2T carousel folding caravan we had before Ester and this fits just about, a bit tight as Ester is slightly longer and the height when folded down higher due to top volume feature.
Steve & Sue & Alfie the cockerpoo
Top Volume

Postby AndyD » 6. Feb 2019, 17:04

Hi All.

Did anyone eventually find out where to source a cover for Esterel caravans?
Mine is a 1991 model C34 and as it's been stored outside for a couple of years, I'm concerned the weather is going to damage it, plus, it's annoying to have to clean it every time I want to use it?!

Thanks again.

Regards

Andy

Thanks everyone for your help.
AndyD