Use all the preferences and become a member of this forum by registration. It is free of charge.

caravan mover

Some of what we know about esterel.

Moderators: mr-mac, Dormy

caravan mover

Postby thomas » 27. Mar 2014, 16:10

hi to you all having spent a day trying to find a mover for my Katie I spoke to six suppliers and was told that you need a special mover. I then found a company on ebay called majic movers, very helpful they said you need an alco chassis with measurement of at least 6inchs chassis size and from chassis to ground of 5inchs or more the supply cost fit your self is about £550 I hope this helps anybody that is looking for one. they also fit it if required will let you no how easy or not to fit.
thomas

Re: caravan mover

Postby tonyp » 28. Mar 2014, 23:56

I fitted a Reich economy Mover to my esterel mirage with drop plates
tonyp

Postby thomas » 3. Jan 2016, 17:35

hi had a guy from Basingstoke Hampshire fit my mover what a pig of a job all the movers fixing plates had to be cut down took him all day to fit the mover I was quoted £135 to fit it. in the end it cost £250 for the work it saves, worth every penny. did try and fit it my self but saw the problems. tom
thomas

Postby Silver Surfer » 4. Jul 2016, 19:37

I bought my majic mover from bolsover caravans in Derby.
I had a local fitter fit it to my c39 and apart from having to get slighly longer bolst it went on fine with the adjuster plates supplied £20 extra for the plates.

Bolsover caravans were very helpful I just gave them the measurements over the phone.
Regards
John
Silver Surfer
Azubi1
Azubi1

Postby esme » 4. Jul 2016, 23:09

When I was interested in fitting a mover I came to the conclusion the Reich economy was the easiest to fit providing the motors and rollers are swapped from one side to the other. This then means the motors point downwards and makes fitting much easier. I then contacted Reich asking if this was possible and was told that is how they themselves fit to smaller depth chassis. It would seem though that this information has not reached dealers. In the end I decided not to pursue the idea as it would near cut in half the weight that could be carried inside since a complete mover is not a lightweight thing to fit plus needing a quite large battery. My only reason for thinking about a mover was to get Esme off the road and up the sloping pavement onto our driveway. Next nearly bought a battery operated winch but when it arrived they had sent the manual controlled one instead of the remote so after getting my money back I sort of lost interest in the idea. I still tow her off the road onto the front grass then manually turn her round to park beside the house under the car port however next outing I will tow her off the road and then put her pointy end first under cover again.
John.
esme
Super2
Super2